Become familiar with some important sailing terms, which can provide a ground base for your learning and a helpful overview of sailing basics. Learn how to prepare a boat before going sailing and learn the primary sailing manoeuvres.
Best suited for beginners, course 1 provides an overview of a sailboat and the preparation required prior leaving the marina. This sailing course content is as follows:
1. Boat parts and nautical language
2. The dynamics of sailing
3. The various types of sails
4. Sailboat preparation for sailing
5. Basic clothing and safety equipment
Best suited for beginners, course 2 provides an overview of your first sailing experience after leaving the marina.
The course content includes pre-sail procedures, basic boat handling and manoeuvres for example hoisting sails, operating winches, tacking and gybing / jibing.
The sailing course content is as follows:
1. Getting on board & boat handling under power
2. Cleating a rope, rope clutch and stowing halyards
3. Operating winches
4. Hoisting mainsail and jib
5. Going about or tacking and gybing